Remove shopping cart and replace add to cart button

Samuel M. shared this question 11 days ago
Answered

Hi! Is there a way I could remove the shopping cart and from the site? I also like would like to change the "added to cart" button on the product (as seen below in attached picture) to a request quote button instead? For this type of local business, we would like to drive traffic through a contact form to work with the business owner personally instead of taking online sales. This works best for our area.

If this request is possible, I would like to make the changes myself through WordPress/elementor. I just wasn't sure where to get started exactly since this originated with the template. Thanks in Advance!

Comments (2)

photo

Product Page: You can navigate to the IO plugin and then shortcoder. open the one on the bottom that says (io_rental). There you'll see a bunch of code. Search for "add to cart" Then you can change the highlighted text to "request a quote" or "add to quote" (as some customers may get more than one and the first option will feel like they won't get to add anything else.

Before the "add to cart" section, you can find the text that says FA FAS-TRUCk and delete it to get rid of the cart image.

Floating Cart Removal: As for the first part, I assume you want to get rid of the cart at the top of site in the header. IF it's IO's floating cart you can navigate to the customizer in Wordpress then custom CSS and add the below:

.io_cart {display:none;}

Since I can't see the site, I'm not 100% on the cart but I'm pretty confident.

photo

Thank you so much! This has been extremely helpful! I was able to make some changes I wanted. However, I did the .io-cart code you provided in the additional CSS section of wordpress that didnt seem to work the way I wanted. However, I have included two photos of the current state to better explain what I would like to do. The "purchase Inquiry" button have added where "add to cart" button used to be, when users click on the button, I want the button to launch to the contact form we have. Where would I go to remove the booking pop-up option and add the link to the main contact form? I hope this better explains what I am looking for. I am also trying to remove the pop-up booking from the inventory product categories page as seen in the photo. Thanks again for any steps or directions you can provide me :) Thanks in Advance!c83f598a706313dde9a3ef010510c0a2

photo

I have our web team looking into this and will advise when we have an update.

photo
photo

Hey Samuel. I made some changes to your site based on your requests I hope they work. First I made it so the "purchase Inquiry" button no longer adds the item to the cart on the item pages. Next I made it so the add to cart buttons are hidden on the category pages so they can no longer add to cart from category pages. Lastly there was redirect that was redirecting your contact page to a page no longer existed. I removed that redirect, and you may need to clear your cookies from the site to see the contact page.

Currently it using your contact form page template found in pages/templates in IO. Hope this helps you out!

photo

This is perfect! Thank you so kindly for all of your help! Looks good and will fit our needs!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied