Can we add time to a shift assignment per worker position outside of changing travel time?

Matthew G. shared this question 20 days ago
Answered

The current functionality of assigning shifts to workers automates with the lead start and end time, outside the bounds of the travel time included.

We have a policy for all workers to arrive 15 minutes prior to travel to the event, and we are inclined to pay them for that time. The problem is, assigning a shift automatically sets the time to the beginning and end of travel- but if we were to add 15 minutes to travel time, it also extends the travel time at the end of the shift, increasing the total travel by 30 minutes which is not intended.

This leads to us manually entering a shift time as 15 minutes before the automated given time.

Can we add functionality to worker positions to automatically add time to a shift assignment?

Comments (3)

photo

Are you using the route planner or building shifts on the lead?

photo

Building shifts on the lead- we might look into the route planner but we've only just started using IO for all of our shift planning so it's kind of taking things a step at a time. I will look more into the route planner- is what I asked about a feature of that already?

photo

I think if you're planning using the lead, you may have issues. Using the route planner, you can drag the lead onto a vehicle and then click the little calendar and set whatever time you want. We often use the planner and have people come in 30minutes early to load and it doesn't adjust the travel time or setup time.

photo
photo

I have your question in with a developer.

photo

Thank you!

photo
photo

I'll put it on our list but with our current workload, it's unlikely to be done anytime soon. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file