Customers skipping the deposit and contract

Arthur M. shared this question 25 days ago
Answered

I have people booking but they are skipping over the deposit and contract page. I've done everything I know to make it required but it's not working.

Comments (13)

photo

What do you mean they're skipping? They're somehow getting a confirmation? It's virtually impossible for a customer to skip signing or paying so I'm not sure how this can happen. So I want to make sure we're using the same verbiage which is very common we're not.

photo

They select everything they want and fill in all their information and hit book the event but it's like after that they think they are done and don't complete the rest

photo

I've had the same exact thing. Not often but it does happen. I even had someone call last weekend wondering where I was. She had done the exact thing Arthur M. is talking about. I actually left IO last year because of this. I think IO is by far the best booking software but some people do seem to struggle with it

photo

Ah ok. So they aren't actually confirmed they just aren't finishing the process. Yeah, we rarely have people thinking they're done but a few things have helped us reduce this.

One being changing the wording at the top of the pages to keep them moving. Second being sending the right email/text at the right time to let them know they don't have a Booking.

So you have your contract status holding inventory?

photo

Arthur, take a look at my website. Go through making a reservation and see the things I've added to steer folks through the process. Let me know if you have any questions

http://www.thebigbounce931.com

photo

Arthur, do you have a lead # for us so we can take a look? Thanks

photo

photo

I did a test and got the quote then clicked the book now button and received the contract immediately? Did this customer call in and say they didn't receive anything after they booked it?

photo

nope nothing

photo

They more than likely received the contract, and didn't do anything with it and closed it out. Do you have contract reminder emails set up in your email center?

photo

I'm having the same issue - still. I'm starting to lean towards requiring a small deposit. I'd rather not but it might be a solution

photo

I require a deposit...or so I thought but since they hit the book the event button before doing the deposit I think people think they are done or that we just dont require a deposit since it was not done first.

photo

They get the payment spot on the contract? I'm thinking they just clicked book now got the contract and didn't pay or sign just closed it, that's why I asked if you had contract reminder emails set up because those will go out to customers who don't do these actions.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file