Template Employment Application Submissions

Talon H. shared this question 30 days ago
Answered

I've received a job application through the Employment page on the template website, but when it comes through there are a few issues:

1. It appears as a lead...not sure why it'd be helpful to have that happen, but is there a way to not have that happen?

2. The email I get tells me all the answers they gave, but it doesn't tell me the questions the answers go to. It just says things like "field_82b32df:"

3. The email I get has an alert at the top that says "Message from IO/EO: Internet Spam policies prevent us from changing the reply-to email address. Please send reply or new email to ." I'm not sure what policy that is, but if it can't be set to reply to the email of the person submitting the form, can the error message at least list that email in the error (instead of the blank space before the period).

4. I would like to add some text to the email template for the form submission. Can I edit that myself?

Comments (2)

photo

1. In WordPress you can go to the inflatable office plug in and setup. There you can tell it which forms not to create leads for. You'll have to get the form name from the form itself.

2. For each question click the advanced tab and adjust the value of the field to an abbreviation of what the question says.

3. Change after submission settings.

4. See above.

photo

1. I had changed the name of the form from the 'employment' default, which I guess that's why it started creating leads on submission. Thanks!

2. Done...

3. The "reply to" field in after submission settings doesn't let me select anything but a blank option from the dropdown. Is that not normal?

photo
photo

I've discovered that my form actually isn't sending emails at all. This is a huge problem as that's the only way for me to receive file uploads (ie. resumes) from the form, and they're currently disappearing into the void.

Are these settings not correct?

photo

For what it's worth, the submissions console does say the emails were sent successfully.

photo

These are my settings for after submission. Collect submissions and email. Then I filled in the to email with where I wanted it to go.

photo

What’s your ‘from’ email? Did you leave it as the system default?

photo

Here's what over got

photo

It looks like you're using your own email in the "from" field, rather than the default website@rental.software. I updated mine to our company gmail in hopes of getting it to work, but no luck.

Everything else seems to be the same. I'm not sure why the system says it's sending the email, but I'm not getting anything. (Already checked for typos in the email, nothing in my spam folders...)

photo

We had some issues with gmail blocking the emails. However developer made some changes to help with Gmail receiving those. They have tested and are getting that employment form email on a fresh gmail account that was used to test, but it did go to spam. Please try again and see if comes through and check spam.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file