inventory cousins

Ryan F. shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

I switched over alot of our duplicate items to cousins to keep track of inventory inspections better for our events and to keep track of which customer had which one when we have issues. However I did not realize how it would behave on the back end. It looks like on the website if a customer books a cousin and there are two of them it will still show the other one available and let them book it. However, on the back end, inside the lead, If you have to select the specific cousin that is still available and if you had a previous quote for one of the cousins and that one is now booked it will show unavailable on that quote unless you go in and delete that item from the quote and add the other cousin. This doesn't seem worth the effort to track them separately. Am I missing something or is it possible that the cousins set up can work better or differently than this before I switch everything back?

Comments (1)

photo

I believe that the web team fixed the issue on the website? Aren't they able to book more than one item if they have cousins?

On the software unfortuntely, this is how it works. Cousins are still considered seperate items..if one is rented/reserved you would need to replace it with another cousin.

photo

Ok thanks. I wish there was a way to make it automated in selecting the next available cousin just like it does on the website for the customer. They do not have to pick another one if one is booked, but we have to on the back end creating alot of confusion if an item is really available or not. I'll switch everything back unfortunately.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file