CRM Leads

Harry B. shared this question 2 months ago
Awaiting Reply

I use the Wedding Wire and The Knot for leads for my business. Generally all the customer provides is the date of the event and their email address. I was trying to followup with the lead to gather enough information to create a quote by emailing them the quote form and letting them fill out the missing information.. My issue is the system, only lets me save the lead as a status of partial so if I email a quote to the lead they are unable to edit it. Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

photo

Create an email template or sms template if you have IO phone and use the variable *quote_request_url*. Then you can send them the form with info prefilled. DON'T use the default quote links.

photo

Chad thanks for the input but I need a quote that is the customer quote that contains the event details. See here

https://throneranger.com/io_quoteconfirm/?io_name=Throne+Ranger&qid=23848219&cid=22229135&utm_source=manualemail&utm_medium=478037&utm_campaign=Customer+-+Followup+for+WeddingPro

The issue the customer can't edit it.

photo

I must be misunderstanding so tell me where I'm going wrong.

1. Customer fills out form on the wedding wire or the knot.

2. You full what you can put in the lead but need more info.

3. Send them the variable I suggested with a template email.

4. They see a quote form with the info they've already filled out and other fields that are empty. They fill those in and submit to complete the quote.

Is that not what you're asking for? You would just need to adjust your quote form to make sure all the questions are being asked that need to be

photo

You have it correct, I think the issue is I am using a custom quote form on my webpage and you bring it up the lead can only view it and not edit it, I was thinking it might be because the lead has a status of partial.

photo

Yes, it's because the lead is in the "partial" status. The "edit" button shows up if it's a true quote. One option would be to do what Stacie recommended. The first thing they fill out is actually a "contact us" page. That way...even without the full lead info it still is saved as a Quote. Then from there you can send the quote confirm for them to edit and finalize

photo

I created a partial lead in my account and then sent myself the template. All I did was name, email and phone number saved it as a partial. Send me that variable I sent you and I was able to edit the contaclead form. So I'm not entirely sure what I'm missing out on. But if Susan is able to figure out with you then I must have missed a step somewhere that you're going through

photo

What you suggested works. However, it is a different form then what I my developers used for my website and it doesn't have all the custom fields on it. I will send the form names later today. Thank you again for your help.

photo
photo

I modified my contact us form and had IO team map the fields I asked for into the corresponding leads to create a new lead when filled, out. Works great,

photo

i/O any suggestions?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file