SMTP Error - Gmail

Talon H. shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

I've authenticated with Gmail, but when I test I get "Error: Check your SMTP settings. Error details: Missing password."

Since there's nothing really under SMTP settings, much less a password, I just revoked Gmail and then reauthenticated, but it's giving me the same error.

I do not have 2FA enabled on this account. I've already attempted to turn on "less secure apps" but that's not available for my account (see screenshot attached).

What do I need to change/update for it not to have any errors?

Thanks,

Best Answer
photo

It looks like even w/ the password error....your emails are going out. Can you try a few today and see if they still continue to go out?

Comments (3)

photo

You may have to use an app password instead...try this article:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?hl=en

photo

My account is not able to use app passwords. App passwords are antiquated and replaced by “log in with google” which is what I used. Google does say that I’m connected to IO, so I’m not sure why IO doesn’t think I’m connected with Google. 

The Cosmic Bounce Team

928-757-5867 (JUMP)

cosmicbouncehouse@gmail.com

www.cosmicbouncehouse.com

Everything you need for your next event!

photo

It looks like even w/ the password error....your emails are going out. Can you try a few today and see if they still continue to go out?

photo

Yes, they're still going out. Good luck solving that bug, at least functionality is there!

photo

Yes, please let me know if you have any issues.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file