Venmo link to personal account not business

Ryan F. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

On the new tip feature I have entered in are venmo account information but when we click on the link it opens up the person's venmo app and tries to find our business under a personal venmo account which it obviously can't find and says it does not exist. Is there a way to create this so that it opens up the business tab so they don't have to figure this out on their own to make it easier?

Comments (3)

photo

This is what is popping up when you are trying to enter the option to tip a worker?

photo

I have it set up to tip the company as we are distributing the tips that way. It is a business venmo account but when the customer clicks on the link to give a tip and they choose venmo it's defaulting for them to search under the personal venmo account not a business account and therefore it shows that we do not have a matching account. In order for the customer to do this properly it appears that they will have to switch from personal to business and then probably go back a screen to figure out what our username is then search for us and it's just a much longer process. So I'm trying to find out is there something you can do on your end so that when they click on the venmo link it goes to a business venmo not a personal venmo account. That appears to be what the problem is and maybe you have another suggestion

photo
photo

We are looking into it.

photo

Please check your link. It appears you misspelled it. It should work.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file