Trouble determining why certain automations aren't running...

jason h. shared this problem 2 years ago
Awaiting Reply

I have 2 automations which should send a text and an email within an hour or so of the lead being created. On this order, neither happened and I'm trying to figure out why.

My assumption on the TEXT is that the order was placed after 'texting hours', but feel it should still be in a queue and sent the next morning, no?

My assumption on the email is that our filter is set to: EMAIL log sent date/time 'is not set'

and we have alert emails that go out to us by email when a customer creates their own quote...so the system didn't send the email because there were already some emails sent (this doeasnt apply if we create lead on back-end). IF this is the case, how can we tweak the automation filter to ensure these automatic emails still go out to the customer?

Comments (1)

photo

I am going to have to confirm this...but it does look like the text did not go out due to the time of evening and since the filter for the lead doesn't fall in the guidelines for the automation the next morning it did not go out.

I am unsure why the email didn't go out on this specific lead because it did go out on this customer's other two leads. Another option would be to just use the auto email in the email center in this scenario instead of the automation?

photo

I was told that automated texts that are "too late at night to send" are queued and sent the next day. There's no reason I can see why that wouldn't be the way it should work. Otherwise, any customer who books late at night or has a late night order will be missing a lot of texts.

Please lmk what you find out.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file