Editing rental loop on packing list template

John B. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

I want to edit the rental loop portion of our locations' packing list templates. I've managed to lay out item-level lines the way we want, but I don't seem to have the ability to edit the layout of the accessory/option lines.

Is that something that I have control over? Please see screenshot attached.

Best Answer
photo

Correct, You could only place the variable after the rental packing list variable

Comments (10)

photo

What are you trying to do with the accessories line?

photo

I'd like to add one of our custom fields and if possible, reformat the lines slightly.

photo

you can edit your packing list however you want

this is how we edited that section to look on our packing lists

28feaa9543b6ecad8319b2cace2060a8

photo

those notes come from when we add notes to this section on the lead

d8470f6e815f088548997ceb199587d6

photo

Thanks for your comment. I'm able to get the items to display the way I want without issue. The difficulty comes because we add accessories as options or sub-items to our main items. The rental loop adds those options as additional lines below the main item. That's great, but those additional lines do not follow the coding I've set up for the main items, and I'm not able to edit the way those sub-item lines are displayed.

Item notes, like the ones you screenshotted, do come though just fine for our sub-items, but I'm not trying to invoke item notes: I'm trying to invoke a custom field.

The sub-item lines seems to be ruled by the variable *rental_packing_list*, and when I look that up on IO's template variable list, I see the following. So at this point, I'm stuck.

d3f11b3e222ec45f6220b1b6532e7799

photo

does your code look similar to this

☐*rentalqty*-*rentalname* *fullrentaltime*

*rental_packing_list**rental_notes*

The note under the item and accessory would be this variable

*rental_notes*

3bd9a218848252a1065dbd8eca0da8e3

and this

8c3e06cefc2feab0f15bd9c2a3888b4e

*rentalnotes* this comes from this section in our inventory description

048d73eb3aaf54c2381e141191790299

does that help you any

it took me a while to get what each of those very similar variables was doing and where it was coming from

photo

I do appreciate the suggestion, but that method does not give me the result I'm looking for.

photo

what customer field are you wanting to add?

Maybe show us some screen shots on what you want to add there

I was looking at your original post and trying to show you how to edit the field there

maybe im thinking wrong

photo
photo

something like this john?

i just grabbed my onsite contract optional field we have on our orders

added the variable to the loop and printed it out

When you say your custom field

do you have a specfic field or are there all kinds ?

Are they named the same on each inventory item but have different info in them like lets say Serial Number same type data but all different nubmers of course?

c11a2c405ccd740a233b533a3a4c2ef9

I would assume the custom field is something on each inventory item?

photo

My custom variable is a SKU (unique for each inventory item), and I need it between the quantity and the item name, rather than on the next line down. This isn't a problem for the items (such as your Table Banquet Resin), but I'm looking to add it to the subitems (such as your Kwik Cover). I'm all ears if you know a way! :-)

photo

Try using the serial number field. I've done this on accessories to show the inventory location on packing list.

photo

The thing is is it's not the variable it's the location where he wants it

photo

Yep, Greg described the issue exactly. Joe, are you able to insert the serial number (or any variable, really) between the qty and the item name on an accessory line?

photo

Unfortunately there is no way to separate the accessory name and quantity in the rental_packing_list variable.

photo

Thanks Brittany. To make sure that I understand: because the appearance of sub-item option lines is ruled by the variable *rental_packing_list*, there's no way for me to insert another variable in the middle of a sub-item option line, correct?

photo

Correct, You could only place the variable after the rental packing list variable

photo

Understood. Thank you!

photo
photo

OK I got ya now.. :) that helps my brain visualize :)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file