Package and ''reserved accessory''

isabelle A. shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

Hello

I am creating a package with a few items i have.

Is there a way to prevent the renting of a specific accessory included in the package ?

ex:

package Olympik bootcamp https://rental.software/account/#/settings/inventory/1499407

I want to make sure the foam canon will not be rented by itseft unless i am advice and take the decision to do so

Comments (1)

photo

If you have items listed as a required accessory on a "package" it will take it out of inventory

photo

It does not work

I was able to but this rental :https://rental.software/account/#/settings/inventory/1499589

on this lead #11272665

But this rental is an accessory of the package below and i do not want to be able to put it on a lead by itself (https://rental.software/account/#/settings/inventory/1499651/inventory

How can i do that ?

photo

On the lead nothing was chosen (no accessories) Does the customer have a choice or do these items come automatically?

photo

Let me explain my needs. Maybe i was not clear.

I have 5 canons. All listed seperatly with a different serial number.

I want to ''reserve'' on of the canon for my package ''Olympik Conquérant''

So i do not want people to be able to book that canon UNLESS i decide to. Which would occure only if the package is not rented for the upcomming week end.

In other words, i want to make sure the package will be available as long as possible.

So my question is: when i put canon no 4 in the package, how do i make sure it is not available to be rented by itself ?

photo

If you want to be able to choose which version of the 5 canons you will send w/ the package then add them all as "choices" (not required) Then when quote comes through you can choose which one...when the choice is made then that item cannot be rented on it's own during that time.

If you don't want these packages to be autobooked...go to the Advanced settings of the item. There's a spot to restrict this. You can even restrict the quote so you can "build" the quote and send to them

photo

No, i want to reserve one of the canon for that package only and make sure it will not be reserve by it's own. (unless the package has not been rented and then i would rent the canon by itself)

Exemple;

Canon no 4 is reserve for package Olympik. I do not want to book it by itself except if the package is not reserve for the comming week end. For exemple; i could rent canon no 4 alone for this week end because the package has not been rented. But not for next week end because i prefer to have the package available.

photo

Ok...so the SAME canon will be reserved for that package every time?

photo

yes, always the same.

photo

Ok, good. That part is set up correctly. If you look at the lead you referenced before you will see I tried to add through the package and on it's own and it shows as a conflict.

Now, for restrictions...do you want the customer to see the quote for this package? Or block autobooking?

photo

it is not working the way i want it because i am able to choose Generator number 3 by itself on that lead and i don't want this. I want generator number 3 to be strictly reserve for the package

photo

So this shouldn't be available on it's own...even if it's not rented w/ package yet?

photo

exact

photo

I switched it to a true accessory that can only be rented w/ a package

photo

can you tell me how to do that. And how to switch back to an item if i decide to rent it by itself.

thank you

photo

On the main inventory page you check mark the item...then beside the delete button there's an arrow. There it will give you the option to switch rentals and accessories back and forth

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file