This object is in archive! 

Sunset API integration

Bill G. shared this idea 10 years ago
Under Consideration

If user chooses outdoor movie event, can the earliest start time be some upward rounding from sunset at event zip , or sunset + user defined x value? Thanks!

Comments (3)

photo

Instead, I took my quote page (http://www.inflatableoffice.com/quotes/index.php?vendor=funflicksofcentralvirginia) and hit a timeanddate.com api . If they are on a Surface other than Indoor, and choose a startdate and starttime that are earlier than the sunset for that date (and Charlottesville, VA as I only did the $50/ year versus the $300/year plan), it prompts them to choose a different starttime or move to indoors. It disables the submit until they do one or the other.

Just an example of the type of integration I am looking for, but am sure y'all can do it more elegantly!

photo

Nice job Bill! We will try to add another solution when we can.

photo

When you look into this, it would be beneficial to have the ability to set the sunset +/- x minutes value on the inventory item... e.g. a 16' outdoor screen maybe sunset + 0 minutes, but a 26' screen may be sunset + 15 minutes, while an indoor screen would be flagged as not needing this validation...

Not urgent for me, but something I would likely need as part of turning the ability to book on for my customers...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file