Create Dashboard based on optional field?

Corey L. shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

I would like to put together a dashboard that shows periodic sales broken down (subtotals) by an option field (dropdown style) that has been applied to inventory items. Is there a way to do this?

My option field is a dropdown that includes the following values:

• Inflatables
  • Games
  • Artistry
  • Digital Entertainment

I would like a report that looks something like this...

0d30b32a47ac227155051948df612595

It seems like it should be easy... but I can't put the pieces together

Comments (2)

photo

There is a pre-set one already for the category an item is in.... Let me play with this for a minute or two... cause you would want it to pull each inventory item and that's not as easy as it sounds

photo

I saw that... but that's for the main "Categories", of which I have like 10 since we break down for the website based on inflatable type (slide, combo, etc). Also, some of my inventory items from last year aren't categorized. I'm trying to make a KPI basically.... internal accounting and such

photo

Our optional fields are not able to be used along w/ the dashboards. You would need to build filters and possibly use it with a report this way to get what you want...but it wouldn't be a dropdown on the dashboard. So you could go to Filters and set a filter for your "equipment type" optional fields...so that certain items will show on the report

photo

I have something kind of built based off of a field I use on the leads themselves.

Let me problem solve more cause it's on the inventory item is where we run into issues

photo

Thanks Susan... I played with that also, but couldn't extract any $$ info... any help would be appreciated

photo
photo

I know that in filters you can select the primary category. Maybe if they allow that in the reports you could mark the primary category of each item and them run the report off of that?

SUSAN???

Leave a Comment

Attach a file