ERS Import

Russell S. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

IO Helped me to import all of my data from ERS (Thank you!), now I want to make sure that I am not making any mistakes. I really want to be able to keep all of my past sales data intact, but I would like to clean up a lot of hubris that was necessary for ERS.

There was a lot of old inventory that I do not want to have on my new site. I was told that I could delete those items and that they would technically not be deleted but would be out into an Inactive category, or something like that, is this correct? I deleted a couple of items and then got cold feet. I don't want to delete something that might affect the sales history.

Along the same lines, there was a lot of old pricing that was imported. If I delete a pricing record what effect does it have on the sales history?

Comments (1)

photo

If you go to an inventory item and go to the "advanced" settings there's a check mark that makes it active or inactive. We have a whole section of inactive items in your inventory which we keep so that you can save these items for history reasons.

photo

I would make everything "inactive" this way it keeps the history. When you say "pricing record" do you mean the pricing on the inventory item? Any changes like this will be saved on the log. So no, it won't completely disappear. If you mean the actual "item price" you can also just delete because things like this would have a "log"

photo

No, it won't change your sales history....if you saved "events" in the software but removed the items it still has the "sales" saved.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file