Miles - variable

Nicki G. shared this question 11 months ago
Answered

I am looking for something so that I can either sort or pull the variable, based on mileage from the event to the warehouse.

Best Answer
photo

There is a new column that can be used for filters and reports “Lead Distance”

Comments (9)

photo

I let developers know, will advise when reviewed.

photo

I asked Tim for this in February. I know other people who want it too, so please make a note of that for developers. Thanks.

photo
photo

You can get an approximation by performing math on the travel time value.

photo

Is there a way for the variable to still exist if we don't have the travel time populate on the lead?

I don't use the travel time because the the look at it and think it means something and ignore things like traffic.

So it still knows the suggested travel time when we do to add it - anyway the Lead Travel Duration uses that if there is no travel time listed on the lead?

photo
photo

If I don't have it add the travel time to the lead does it still know the variable?

I don't use it because I want my techs to make their own educated decisions on when to leave. If the travel time is wrong because of traffic they had a tendency to say "well I followed my sheet"

photo

There is a new column that can be used for filters and reports “Lead Distance”

photo

Love you! That is perfect!

photo

Can I have a tiny bit more love and spread the variable to the pricing filter as well 🥺

photo

I want this too! Tim already knows that I want it. Let's get some more people showing interest.

photo

I can give a ton of use cases where this is helpful - #1 being a lodging charge. Once we reach certain distance we are going to need to put our people up in hotels (or even assign multiple people to a lead for the buddy system) I can estimate if the event is going to be X miles away (say 300+) and 8 hours long it's one night, but if it's a longer rental (anything over 16 hours or across multiple days) it will need to be more

photo

https://rental.software/account/#/leads/12320259

The Lead Distance isn't populating on all leads and not sure why? this is from my VA account

photo

Its showing now after doing the address issue on the lead

photo

It is not anymore

photo
photo

The vast majority of our events do not show the charge though.

Can we troubleshoot why this is happening? 

603f8603

photo

I have developers looking into this further.

photo

At this time, we only collect the distance amount from routing calls. If your users are not using the routing, that data is not available.

photo

how do I set so that there are routing calls? O_O

in the delivery Preference section I see this option in some locations but not others :

85470b726dfc2633f85807cbf29dd092

8b2a7a4a8214e3adf5648661855a3602

also my hack of doing the force refresh isn't working for this lead:

https://rental.software/account/#/leads/15071967 and I have travel turned on but distance is not populating.

I am super excited and I know it's new so buggy and just trying to help.

photo

They have to use the delivery planner.

photo

Can I setup a meeting? I just need to understand this better so I can use it

photo
photo

Nicki, Tim said that you are more than welcome to email him with anything that you have, but in response to this specific issue, is that we only keep that data when routing is performed and if the users are not using this then that data is not available.

photo

I do not understand that answer. I will contact Tim

photo

Ok sorry. What he said was that we only keep that data when the routing is used, and if the users are not using the routing the that data is not going to be available?

photo

That feels like a rephrasing of the same words - when I do not understand the basic underlying structure.

I know Latin and this isn't even a romance language that I can vaguely parse out. It's Russian, we aren't even using the same alphabet, and I am getting sad and feeling stupid.

To be very clear - I have no idea what is meant by routing call.

I need either for this structure to change or for someone to explain it like I am not me and I am a normal person with no knowledge.

Give me a picture book and let's mime this out because saying глупая женщина multiple times at me isn't going to make me understand it any more.

photo
photo

The mapping companies we get the distance data from prohibit us from storing it. We do in the case of routing for a temporary time since we are working with it to build the route. We made that data available if it is stored when the report is run. However, the only way to really do this would be to store the data indefinitely which goes against our contract with the mapping companies or to query them each time you want the distance data which becomes expensive, so it's not likely to happen. We try to check distance as little as possible to reduce cost to us.

photo

That is very comprehensive and I appreciate it. I will sleep on it and see if I can problem solve the issue some more.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file