Group similar rental item quantities on packing list

Matthew I. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Is there a way we can group rental quantities of similar items on a packing list for a single event?

Example: A 20x20 Tent Package includes 32 White chairs. If someone adds 8 chairs, it will show on the contract and packing lists as:

(1) 32 White Chairs

(2) 8 White Chairs

I want it to know that it's the same rental item and just have it group the rental to show 40 White Chairs, the readability of it will be a lot easier for our staff when pulling products for each order.

I don't see a way to do this via variables or options in the GUI, is there a block of code we can use to basically say if rental = the same, group by qty?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (7)

photo

If you use the vehicle packing list in the delivery planner it has a section that does this

photo

It's my understanding that the vehicle packing lists will group rentals from multiple events though. I just want to group similar rentals from the same event.

We also don't use the delivery planner, we have a separate delivery dispatching platform, which pulls pack lists from IO.

photo

This would also be used for customer pick-up orders, where no delivery is actually taking place.

photo

It almost seems like we should be able to just call %grouped_packing_list% in whatever PL we use but that variable doesn't seem to work as expected.

Do the developers know of a way to achieve this functionality?

photo

It wouldn't work because the variable would have no way of knowing which days/dates to pull from. Something like this you would have to build a report for. With the rental names as the main columns...Then you are able to filter dates, statuses, etc.

photo

Hi Susan,

Is there a way to display the results of a report within a packing list?

photo

No, it would need to be separate

Leave a Comment

Attach a file