Remove vendor and make items inactive

Casey Z. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I have a salesperson who was adding non-inventory items to leads, but instead of selecting "Quick add", she was making them vendor items, with our company name as the vendor. I should have stopped this a long time ago, but I didn't. Is there a quick way to make all of those items inactive on old leads, rather than have our vendor name attached? The vendor name is Partyworks.

I think I made things worse by trying something myself. We had another fake vendor called "PPW". I deleted that vendor to see what would happen. Not great. All of those items still show up as vendor items, but with no vendor name.

Comments (1)

photo

I could pull them up and lump them together in the in the new software and just make them all inactive?

photo

Will that remove the vendor name so they don't show up on my vendor revenue reports? If so, go for it!

photo

Yes...Done!

photo

It didn't work. They all still show up as vendor items, but the vendor name is blank. No biggie, I was hoping to get an accurate report quickly in IO, but I'll just export and clean it up in Excel.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file