Newsletter Formatting

Tom S. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

Shane was able to format my website page NOW HIRING so that it appears correctly.

Now I am trying to send that saved page as a newsletter.

Sent a test to myself and on a phone the sentences are cropped incorrectly and on a desktop the copy and images are cropped to the right so that the right side of the copy is off screen and must be moved left to see it all, although the sentences are cropped correctly and not jumbled into half sentences like on a phone.

Any suggestions to format so that both appear naturally? When one views my NOW HIRING page from the website on a phone or desktop, it appears fine. It is only in the Newsletter Template that it is erratic.

Comments (9)

photo

I put the images in "tables" so they will stay centered and not oversized...let's see if this helps!

photo

Thank you for trying but it did not help

photo

I sent to myself and came through ok...it is going to depend on your email server as well. We cannot guarantee how each customer's server is going to strip down the styling of the email. You can have a professional build an email for you at a cost otherwise you are at the mercy of each customer's server and how it goes through. It's best to make them as simple as possible.

photo

Newsletter emails are hard to get because servers read email code differently. Primarily, this is outlook vs most every other email. What email client are you using?

photo

Outlook

Sent from my iPhone

photo

yeah, outlook has specific code you have to use to make it look the same as it does in most other clients. You may try getting a mailchimp account. design your emails there, save as a template and Then export the code to notepad. then save that code to IO. It will include the code for outlook in it. Sounds more complex than it is. If shane formatted the page he should be able to do it. If he has problems hit me up.

photo
photo

I understand. 

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

photo

Thanks Chad

Sent from my iPhone

photo

Chad, since Outlook may be the source of the problem, would it be a simpler solution to create a gmail company address in addition to my current business Outlook address and send the newsletter from it?

Sent from my iPhone

photo

No. Because some of your customers are using outlook too. It's more of the receiving side than the sending side. 

Leave a Comment

Attach a file