sending orders to vendors in bulk

Skylar P. shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

Does anyone have a way to send vendor order emails in bulk?

We sub all of our linens from a vendor. Every week we send them the order for the next week. I am looking for a faster way to do this other than going into each lead and typing what they need into an email to the vendor.

I know I can send PO emails from each lead, this is ok but involves sending each order individually and manually. I made a report for all leads with linen orders and tried to use the email function from the report page but doesn't give an option to send PO emails to the vendor.

I have also tried to download the linen report as an excel and that works except I can't figure out a way for it to display only the relevant vendor items.

Does anyone else rent a lot of vendor items every week and figured out a better way to relay the orders to the vendor?

Thanks,

Comments (15)

photo

When running the report have you tried running an advanced filter on the leads page like the attached?

photo

Hi Susan,

That is very helpful. I can now download a report that shows only linens itmes although it only shows 1 linen size when there are multiple linen sizes on the order and it doesn't show the colors which are accessories to the linen items. I will try to change the report to get these to show and I'll get back to you. Thank you

photo

Hi Susan,

I cannot get the report to show the customer name, linen size, color and qty only. I am now giving up and moving on to Plan B which is to send each order individually with PO emails, the problem here is that the template variable %vendor_items% is showing only the main item (linen size) and not any of the accessories which are the fabric type and linen color. How do I get the accessories to show on the email?

photo

If you replace the vendor_items variable w/ the rentalname variable it should list the accessories for you!

photo

If I replace it with *rentalname* nothing comes up it just shows the variable *rentalname*

9b76463c70fe979b6d5ed1bd6e5282dd

photo

where are you using this??

photo

email templates - "Vendor - Contracted Leeward Group Order" (this is the wrong vendor but am using this email as I can't get "vendor - samanthas linen order" template to show up in the PO section on the leads page)

photo

It looks like you removed the "rental loop" from the email template when editing it. I added back.

photo

I am still getting the same result

photo

what lead are you sending this out on?

photo

I am testing it with lead 13072553 but have tried it on others with the same result. This is what I am getting.

4845d4e4521a12911013b4ccb47f1bce

photo

Try now...I think I updated wrong template

photo

It is working now thank you! Do you know if it is possible for there to be a space seperating the rental items where the blue line is? Also how do I make it so there is 2 different templates on the lead page for the 2 vendors. I tried selecting the different PO options but is only showing me the "leeward" template on the leads page.

d7b03e224675c69a4fa20f1337604c51

photo

Unfortunately, I can add spaces because it's a variable that lists this out :/

I think the problem is only 1 of the templates is showing as the "default" PO in the system so it pops up first when you press the email button. There isn't going to be a way to choose from two different PO emails for 2 different vendors

photo

Ok no problem I'll just make the template work for both vendors. Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file