Overbooked Conflict

James H. shared this question 4 months ago
Answered

Lead ID: 7647477

I just now changed my recovery time from 16 hours up to 24 hours for our chairs. I then checked to see if I would have any conflicts and the above conflict showed itself. I'm guessing I'm reading it wrong but I don't know how the 8 hour change in recovery caused the conflict. It seems like it was always a conflict? Would someone be able to help me out. Thanks

Comments (8)

photo

I also just moved our recovery time for cocktail tables from 16 hours up to 24 hours and have a conflict with Lead ID: 7585037

To my knowledge, there shouldn't be a new error as I typically reserve each customer from Friday to Sunday and I don't have any jobs for cocktail tables during the week so I don't think there should be a new error. Any clarification would be appreciated.

photo

If you hover over the item it will show you all the other events that it is overlapping with. there are nearly a dozen events around that time using the item

photo

I see that but they are all during the event times. It looked like it just showed the event times. Why would they be flagged all of a sudden and not before? The 2 flags appeared when I changed the recovery time from 16 hours to 24 hours. I'm assuming that is obviously the issue but it seems like they are overbooked during the actual event times, not during the recovery.

When I hoover over the item in conflict, does it show just the event time and all overlapping jobs or does it show the event times plus the 24 hour recovery times? It seemed like it just shows the event times.

photo

I have 315 black chairs in inventory

When I hover over the conflict, I add up 332 chairs reserved.

It says overbooked by 25

I didnt add any leads or change any of the existing leads. I increased the inventory time by 8 hours which could add conflict but it seems like all the existing leads have a conflict during the actual event times, not even factoring in the recovery time. I'm not sure if i'm reading that right which is why i'm curious if the blocked time shows actual event times or if it also adds the recovery time. It seems to just show me the event times.

photo

I should note, I've been using old IO and just checked with new IO and it showed an additional job for that weekend with 8 chairs which would make up the difference and make it 25 chairs overbooked.

I guess I just am looking for clarification as why the flag showed up after I changed the recovery time when it seems the recovery time shouldn't affect the overbooking? Shouldn't it have been overbooked before? The lead in conflict was reserved weeks ago and I have it set up where I can't reserve it if it's overbooked.

I've looked over the overlapping jobs and I can't find one that would be in recovery time. They all seem to be during actual reserved times

photo

When you change inventory it triggers an overbooking check on all events that use that item, so if there was a glitch in the system it would correct it. It sounds like that might have been what happened.

photo

Should I be doing slight changes to all my inventory? It seems to have happened to a third rental item that is now showing overbooked for a weekend after I changed the recovery time a couple hours.

photo

Sorry for the slow response! I looked closer at the 7647477 with the chairs, I see you increased the recovery time from 16 to 24 hours. this would cause conflicts that may not have previously existed. In particular with lead 7543703.

It now overlaps that event by like 2 hours, so that is why it wasn't in conflict previously.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file