Office365 Email Intergration

Kevin W. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

We are having an issue with getting individual worker email accounts to send out when using custom server option in Email Settings. We use Office365 hosted email. I have entered the correct settings i.e. smtp server, port number, and the correct username and password and I get a "success" message when hitting the test send button but when trying to email a invoice for example we get an error that email could not be sent.

When we go to "Workers" and click on a worker it does show the account has authentication issues however its using the same account and settings that I used in the "Email Settings" company screen so that account does work.

I have reviewed the email setting video you posted but its not yielding any results. We have checked the backend of Office365 and all the appropriate settings are working. Can you help with this please? Thank you

Comments (1)

photo

The email you are setting up per worker must be for the same email they are using on their profile. Can you give me a worker that you have been testing with so I can check it? Preferably one that you believe has the correct info entered. Thanks!

photo

Yes thank you, the one we are testing it with is Kevin W. kevin@

photo

It looked to me like the email password hash (because we can't see the true password), server, and port were different. I changed them. It appears to be working now.

photo

Thank you for the quick reply back. I tried it and I am still not able to email out. The test shows successful under email settings however when I go to Workers for example and click on Kevin W. worker and try to "Email Workers" I get the send error as shown in the attached screenshot. I know his account is good because when logging into 365 webmail the same username and password work. Thanks for the help with this!

photo

Thank you for the quick reply back. I tried it and I am still not able to email out. The test shows successful under email settings however when I go to Workers for example and click on Kevin W. worker and try to "Email Workers" I get the send error as shown in the attached screenshot. I know his account is good because when logging into 365 webmail the same username and password work. Thanks for the help with this!

photo

Just checking in on this? Have you been able to find anything?

photo

We spoke with your IT professional, and it appears to be working properly. We showed him how to enter the information and test it.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file