Regenerate Contract

Richard J. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

The old version used to have a "Regenerate contract" button and a prompt for doing so.

The new version does not seem to have this and we have some issues where we cannot see old/new versions of contracts.

Eg. 7336897 - event date was updated

https://dontstoptheparty.com.au/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=7336897&cid=6399765 is the old version that was signed

https://dontstoptheparty.com.au/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=7336897&ctrid=2611153 is the new version

When we click "view" on the "signed" version inside the "contract" component of the new IO, we actually get the new version show

When we click the "contract" button at the bottom of the lead adjacent to "quote" and "packing list, we get the old version

When we try and email the revised contract, the system links to the old version so the customer can't re-sign.

Please help

Comments (8)

photo

It looks like you figured out how to change the active contract so that they customer can now see the new contract and sign. Correct me if I'm wrong. The only issue I now see is that the old contract is not loading at all. I'll have to do some testing, but it looks to me like this is a bug.

I will look into the implementation of the regenerate contract warning and button on the new UI and provide more information soon. I'll also submit a bug report to fix viewing the old/new contracts. Thanks!

photo

I think that's right. We can't seem to get the "snapshot" of an old contract to verify previous details ie. before dates/products are revised.

The second issue that's causing confusion is that the "contract" button on the bottom of the lead screen (new software version) diverts to a mix of old/new contract (which is different to what can be viewed in the "contract" section from the left menu)

photo

When you click that contract button it should show you the "active" contract on the lead. If it doesn't could you also send us over examples of when that happens as well? Thanks!

photo

It shows the old contract at all times. IE. The signed one from before.

What I meant by "mix" was that the components that make up the contract being shown are old/new.

photo
photo

Here's another example. It's an old contract with an event that has already been completed. The customer has requested to view the contract for the event:

Clicking the "view" button in the "contract" section of the lead brings us to the below link that doesn't load: https://dontstoptheparty.com.au/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=6955261&ctrid=2548327

Clicking the "contract" button at the bottom of the lead brings us to the below link that also doesn't load: https://dontstoptheparty.com.au/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=6955261&cid=6074153

NOTE the "cid" and "ctrid" differences being presented from the software at the end of the link

The only way to bring this contract up is by replacing our domain with "inflatableoffice.com" as below:

http://www.inflatableoffice.com/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=6955261&ctrid=2548327

photo

We are working on a solution to this. Thank you for the extra information.

photo

It is something with the website retrieving the wrong information. When I change the 'checkout' option in the wordpress settings for both your sites from Site->IO, then load the contract it shows the correct info. Usually this type of behavior caused by aggressive server caching, but I'm not sure that's the case here.

I'd suggest updating to the latest IO plugin version, then testing again. If still having problem you may need to exclude the io_* pages from server caching

IO Plugin: https://inflatableoffice.com/wp-plugin/inflatableoffice.zip

photo

Any updates with fixing this?

We updated the plug in and also excluded the pages from caching but it's the same so we cannot send customer's old contracts without it showing on the IO domain.

Please advise

photo

At first look, it still appears to be a caching issue. Can you try opening a private tab and pasting the link in? Or clear your browser cache manually and then try pasting the link? On my end, I will look to see if there is some other reason it may be happening. Thanks.

photo

Loading in Incognito or a completely different browser window after clearing cache has the same result ie. no load of contract.

Does it load at your end? Below is the latest example of a revised contract:

https://dontstoptheparty.com.au/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=7332613&ctrid=2612557

From my POV, there are two issues here:

1. The contract/lead was revised (glow coffee table reduced from qty 5 to qty 3) therefore there should be two contracts showing in the lead. The first that is noted in the lead now as signed on 04/01 and showing the old quantity. And the second which is a freshly revised contract with no signature and the new quantity. There is however only 1 contract available in the lead

2. Per the initial problem - the old contract doesn't load under our domain

photo

I had to temporarily set the status to contract from postponed to see the link listed above, but when I viewed it I saw qty 3 on the glow coffee table.

the contract won't display if below contract status. You can adjust statuses to fix that

photo

the reason you can see on IO when the status is lower is we detect that you are logged in so we display it since we know you are the admin, but when it loads through your website we can't tell that, and you typically don't want to present a contact and allow payment if the status is canceled or something

photo

Ok. So setting this back to a payment received status, now displays the contract that was signed on 04/01.

HOWEVER it's showing the REVISED contents in the contract which is not the one the customer signed. The original one they signed had 5 x coffee tables on it.

Hence the 1st point from above - there should be two contracts in the lead, not just one showing? The first one is the old signed one where there was 5 x coffee tables. The second one is the fresh one with 3 x coffee tables and not yet signed

photo

I see what you are saying. But when I turned the checkout from website->IO and pulled it up it shows the correct contract. This means it's working correctly on our end, and the issue is the way the website is retrieving the data and displaying it.

How it works is when you pull the contract up on your website it grabs the variables in the URL and pulls the data over from the IO server and brings the content over then displays it. There can be problems when the webserver caches the data or in this case it looks like it's maybe not passing the variables over correctly or something? I'm not sure what's going on as your website looks highly customized.

one thing I noticed is if I add some random text to the end of the url it loads the correct one. This makes me think you still have server caching on causing this

https://dontstoptheparty.com.au/io_contract/?io_name=Dont+Stop+The+Party&qid=7332613&ctrid=2612557&x=1

c0fcae0e7889ebc453e4f3d4fb78f9dc

photo

Yes, but that screenshot is showing under your domain...not ours.

And the new contract should have generated a new variable (CID) on the end of the url? That's what separates the two contracts (before revision and after revision)

photo

Again, the problem is caching on your web server. We cant control that. You need to turn it off. If you can't then you can have the quote/contract pages hosted on our server and the problems go away.

photo

If you've correctly disabled caching on your WP site, then you may suffer from your hosting company performing caching. We have seem this with GoDaddy a lot. You would have to contact them to disable caching on the server for your site.

photo
photo

We'll disable our caching entirely in order to test this however that then would disable products remaining in checkout etc for a period of time.

We have our own VPS server so this isn't anything the host has activated.

I just find it odd that this is a "new" issue that has never been a problem before. We've been using the same server, host and settings for an extended period of time.

Thanks

photo

It should not affect items remaining in checkout. We've seen this issue before with multiple clients, but it's always been a caching issue. We are not seeing it with any of our other customers, so we feel additionally confident it is not on our side. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file